Re: stowaway top needed / hoods

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stowaway top needed / hoods
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:57:49 -0700
on 5/30/05 8:25 PM, Bob Donahue at bobmgtd@insightbb.com wrote:

> Are the stowaways easier to put up and down?

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...

<ROTFL>

Well, I think you'd be amused by the reaction of the Miata driver in the
next lane, while you got out of the car, opened your trunk, struggled with
two three-armed infernal contraptions for several minutes, further struggled
to insert the combined apparatus into the tonneau-bar sockets, returned to
the trunk to unfurl the top and flop it over the ungainly skeleton, attached
the fasteners in the precise sequence necessary, cursing and bruising your
fingers on the header clamps in the process, then beat on the stretcher bar
for several minutes, then snapped the remaining snaps into place.... oh,
forget about it, the Miata is several miles down the road at this point...

No, the stowaway top's advantage is definitely not ease of use. I would say
it is for someone who raises the top only occasionally, when strictly
necessary.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149 (yep, stowaway top...)