Western Africa (Non-LBC)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, Mgs@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Western Africa (Non-LBC)
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:29:18 EDT
I would like to tap into the collective knowledge and experience of the
list(s) for car-related information on a territory in Western Africa on the
Atlantic Coast.

My sister is in the Foreign Service and has been assigned to the US Embassy
in Benin, Africa. She will be required to buy a car for personal
transportation,  as no public facilities exist. My question relates to how
different or
similar  the cars available there are to our own in the US. This will determine
whether  she buys something new to eventually bring with her to her next
assignment (or  home) or something older to leave behind.

For example, I would guess they are LH drive, have no catalytic converters
or emissions systems, flashers, seatbelts, etc. Does anyone have any related
knowledge or an idea where I can find it?

Thanks for any help!!

Steve
Sacramento, CA