RE: my apologies to Max, more discussion

To: "'Murray Arundell'" <arundell@ghs.com.au>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: my apologies to Max, more discussion
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:49:56 +0100
Murray said:  "...As the MG-Rover names were on free loan from BMW they are
not property which can be sold by the Receivers to anyone as ownership
reverts to BMW...."

I think you are missing the point of what I was saying Murray, I'm afraid.
The Rover name was on free loan to MG Rover.  The other brands I mentioned,
including MG, were NOT on loan to MG Rover, they BELONGED to MG Rover.  They
were included in the sale of the company to Phoenix.  BMW only retained the
Rover, Triumph, Riley, and of course Mini brands.

Unless, of course, MG Rover have been quietly flogging off the brands and I
haven't heard about it - after all, they sold the Longbridge factory (and
leased it back from the buyer), the rights to the K-Series engine and the 25
and 75 cars (why not the 45 I wonder?  Maybe because too much of the design
is basically Honda so it wasn't theirs to sell?), and various other assets
during their death throes over the last several months.

Richard & Nancy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.