Re: MGB Gauge Repair/Resto

To: <RobertS355@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Gauge Repair/Resto
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:27:12 +0100
The electric versions of these instruments are extremely simple, nothing
like as complex as the tach or speedo, consisting of little more than a coil
of wire wrapped round a bi-metallic strip connected to the pointer.  Each
end of the strip is connected to a post connected to the back of the case
and has a screw-driver slot in it, which can be turned to calibrate the
gauge for full and empty.

PaulH.