Re: Rostyle Painting now LE Painting

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rostyle Painting now LE Painting
From: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:55:42 -0400
Unfortunately in order to fix it right the clearcoat has to come off.
There's only two ways to do this: abrasives or solvents.  Abrasives
will likely cause damage and solvents certainly will.

Clearcoat peels for three reasons: inadequate prep of the surface,
incorrect activator/base solution mixture and environmental
conditions, (such as humidity) when it's sprayed.

If it's only in spots you may want to try just scuffing them up,
re-spraying with Dupont acrylic, (goes for $15 a can at an auto paint
store) sanding the edges with 400/800/1500-2000 grit wet or dry paper
and then buffing it out.