Brake Bleeding Problem

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Bleeding Problem
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:23:23 -0500
I just replaced the LR wheel cylinder in my 79 B.  I was going to replace the
rubber hoses, but found the retaining nut to be frozen so I left the old ones
on for now and rehooked up the hard lines.  I used my new Eeezibleed at 20 PSI
for the first time and it worked beautifully on the LR bleeder.  The RR
bleeder didn't flow as freely, but was moving fluid.  The RF was next --
nothing.  Not a drop.  Removed the bleeder screw -- it was clear.  Still
nothing.  Went to the LF and got a slow trickle.  Went back to the LR -- still
flowing great.

I assume the master is not the problem as the rears worked.  Crap in the lines
somewhere?  Can they be cleaned out by removing the hard lines from the master
and backflushing the lines with compressed air?  Thoughts?

TIA,

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."