Re: Dash covers

To: battanhr@comcast.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash covers
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:45:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/2005 9:47:38 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
battanhr@comcast.net writes:

I have a  '79 MGB that has a dashboard that is not cracked or checked or
faded, and  would like to keep it that way with a (removable) overlay. Can
anyone  suggest a good solution for this?

Howard, here in the El Paso area, where the sun dries, fades, and cracks
everything, it is SOP to head for Pep Boys, Checker, Autozone, or one of those
places to order a carpet cover for the dash of your new car.

I would think, if they are not readily available for the MGB, that having a
custom one sewn at an upholstery shop wouldn't be too costly.  There was  one
on my Midget when I bought it.

These are basically sacrificial and may need replacing regularly, although
the one on my 94 F150 is still going strong after 10 years.

Robert  Houston
74.5 MGBGT
63 TR4
73 MG Midget

Firstly you must always  implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form
any opinion of your own  regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider
every man your enemy who  speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate
a Frenchman as you hate the  devil._ Horatio  Nelson_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/horationel167957.html)