Re: report - RB MGB drifts right on braking

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: report - RB MGB drifts right on braking
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:48:36 EDT
An unusual cause for this effect is to lose one of the two u-clamps that
attaches your axle to your springs.  This happened to me years ago.  I  heard a
loud "BANG" from the rear after hitting a post-winter pothole.  I  stopped and
inspected, but missed noticing that one component was absent.   Drove that way
for 6 months and couldn't figure why the rear end wanted to slide  to the
side under heavy braking.  I felt REALY stupid when I discovered the  problem.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang

In a message dated 7/19/2005 8:29:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,