Re: electronic ignition

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:14:27 -0400
Paul,
   Quite right;   I should have said more in my reply to the original
question.
   Yes, I do have the Pertronix, but it was installed as a patch to
compensate slightly for the worn distributor bushing.  It does make a
steadier, though not exact, dwell angle.
  And yes, a plate, complete with new points and condenser, is carried in
the tool roll.
  World Wide Auto carries the correct distributor bushings, said to fit
right in, unlike the Lucas ones that are available that require machining
in order to fit.
Bob