reverse nigerian scam?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: reverse nigerian scam?
From: "Mike L" <renoman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:19:21 -0400
I posted two adds for some LBC parts I have lying around, on my local club
website. The inquiries I have received by email in quick succession are
surprisingly similar in their wierdness and bad english. I have refused to
answer. Pls have a look below and tell me if I'm getting paranoic. Has anybody
run into this before?

Mike

#1 - This one is for a $5 used washer bottle (referred to in the suject line
only)

Hello,
Please let me know if the named above item is still on for forsale.
If yes I am really interested in buying it.
I have been transfered in my company from Greybull, WY 82426 to Australia....
So I will be packing my things over there and I will like to get this item of
yours along as well for future use.
If you have the pics available kindly let me have it in my email box. Also
state the present condition of the item. Also let me know the final price and
if negotiable.
Lastly, Let me know if you are okay with the following mode of payment,
Certified Bank Cashier Check or USPS Money Order.
I want you to make sure that the price given does not include the shippment
charges owing to the transportation shipping agent company that I have a
contract with, they will come and pick the merchandise up once the check
clears your bank as the company are the one that will be picking up all my
belongings in the state to Australia. So I want them to pick up everything
together as to lower my and save the shipment rate. Since everything is moving
to Australia.
Please I will like you to know that I will be moving finally by next month and
I will like to finalise everything before then. So if you are interested in
selling to me kindly get back to me with the questions asked above so that we
can know where to proceed.
I am awaiting your Respond in no time.

#2 - This one is from 'Heather'  for "Bug Eye/Sprite parts" (referred to in
the suject line only) - where I had 12 items listed.

Hello Seller,
    As regarding your advert for sale.I am interested in purchasing it.Iwould
like to know the actual price you are offering to sell it and also its present
condition .Also the mode of payment would be using a cashier check and also
shipping arrangment would be made with a reliable and capable shipping company
whom can handle the shippment.Waiting to read from you
todays a.s.a.p
Kind of Regards.
      Frank.

#4 - last one

Hello
      l will like to buy this {used good core radiator} from you but l will
also like to know the price you are selling it $ and l will like to know the
condition of the {used good core radiator} .and let me know if l can made the
payment with U.S cashire's check or U.S Postal Money Order,and get back to me
with the pic asap
Thank you
Roland