Re: New wiring

To: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>, "'MG List'"
Subject: Re: New wiring
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:00:00 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
To: <mjanacek@snet.net>; "'Larry Daniels'" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>; "'MG
List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:52 AM

On the '79 MGB that I just bought, which is also pretty much original, the
little bracket held a 25 amp circuit breaker for the electric radiator fans.
In mine, it was 'dead' and I had to replace it with a similar, but not
identical, item from NAPA. It took me a while to figure out what it was,
since my manuals showed an in-line fuse at that position - no bracket, and
no circuit breaker.

Howard Battan
'57 MGA
'79 MGB

***********************

Thanks, Howard and Michael Singleton, too.  My workshop manual doesn't show
any circuit breaker, but does show an in-line fuse.  I see Moss lists a
circuit breaker and a relay for the fans.  The wiring diagram shows neither.
The Moss fan relay is half the price of their other relays -- I think I'll
add one.  Page 68 of Clausager shows a relay mounted just to the rear of the
fuse box.

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."