Re: Brake Lights

To: "Brian Lundgren" <elco506@austin.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Lights
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:17:12 +0100
If you *definitely* have 12v on the bullet of the green/purple of the rear
harness where it connects to the tail from the brake light switch, and
*definitely* don't have it on the bullet of the green/purple of the rear
harness where it ends by the right-hand rear light cluster in the boot, then
the wire in the harness *is* damaged somewhere and adding an extra wire is
probably the simplest solution - 'simplest' being relative given the
fiddling about feeding it through all the cable clamps and holes.  But a
damaged wire in this harness is quite unusual unless the harness has
obviously been crunched on a rock somewhere.  The usual problem is dirty
bullets/connectors at one end or the other.

PaulH.