RE: MGA windshield wipers

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGA windshield wipers
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:24:51 -0400
Actually, RainX will work satisfactorily.  Last year on the way to Watkins
Glen, we drove through the remnants of hurricane Francis (I think).  It
rained for @ 20 hrs straight, we on the road for @ 10 of them.  The A I was
traveling with (Steve/Cathy Holliday) had no wipers as the motor died
shortly after the rain started.  There was some pretty hard rain and with
applications of rainx he was able to keep up no problem.  Then this year
when my BGT died (trans layshaft)at the NAMGAR GT I was fortunate enough to
drive Jeff Zorn's A home while my BGT got a ride in his trailer, however, it
poured for the last 35mi, his wiper blade had the rubbler wiper part
separate from the rest, so couldn't use the wipers.  Other than when a truck
or large motor home passed, I didn't have any trouble seeing.  Mostly the
wipers on an A just p*ss you off!  I would like to hear the reports of how
Cecilia's work.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA