RE: Original Speaker Location 74 MGB

To: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Original Speaker Location 74 MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:39:31 -0700
Jim:

As previously stated the speaker was installed on the under dash cover,
which is probably missing from your car.  The good news is that there
are reproduction under dash covers available now which are made out of
ABS plastic which are pretty much bullet proof.  These covers are a bit
of a pain to fit, as they do have to be trimmed.  There were originally
two different designs of cover, but the manufacturer of the plastic
replacement was not able to sell enough, so they concentrated on one
design that can be used for both applications with a bit of trimming.

I've not had a chance to personally fit one of these, as none of my cars
has been in good enough shape,  Yet....  I understand they do cut down
noise quite a bit and certainly tidy up the bottom of the dash.

Seems to me if you were not looking for the highest fidelity, then
mounting some light magnet speakers to these covers would give you a
clean look and reasonable sound.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf