Regular Gas Woes...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Regular Gas Woes...
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:41:49 -0400
I needed to fuel up my 80 mgb, and due to the price, I opted to buy the
cheaper regular gas instead of the (now very) expensive hi octane I
normally use. The car quickly reminded me why I use hi-test: The engine
was pinking and rattling so bad on the short trip home (~ 2 miles) that
I was afraid it would self-destruct. Perhaps the fuel is lower grade
than usual owing to current conditions here?

I retarded the timing in several steps to try and improve the situation,
eventually winding up at the end of the timing scale. There was some
improvement, but it's still very bad. The other issue with low octane is
a running-on condition.

So, other then draining the tank to use in my daily driver and refilling
with hi-test, any other suggestions? Is octane booster a viable choice,
or bogus?

--
Marc

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]