Re: Regular Gas Woes...

To: Just Brits <justbrits@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Regular Gas Woes...
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:27:20 -0400
Just Brits wrote:

>Not knowing where "here" is, Marc...

Here is sunny Baltimore, Maryland!

><<Perhaps the fuel is lower grade
>than usual owing to current conditions here?>>
>
>I would be more suspect of water in the fuel.
>
>Did station just get a HUGE "dump" of regular????

This I have no way of knowing. How could I determine if there is water
in the fuel? Isn't that what 'dry gas' is intended to cure?

>BTW, even in my more that "mild" "new" 305 El Camino, I only have to use MID
>grade?!?!?!?
>
>In all my LBC years, never heard of a LBC that REQUIRED Hi-Test in a street
>machine?!?!?!?

Actually, the reason for switching to higher octane was to cure a
running-on problem, which was 100% effective. Someone with far more
knowledge then I suggested it. I had no reason to question success!

It's my understanding that substantial 'pinking' like this can cause
material damage to pistons, etc.

--
Marc

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]