MG Racing - Phillip Island

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Racing - Phillip Island
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:32:39 +0930
Phillip Island is a great racetrack in Australia, perched on the edge
of the Southern ocean and home to Grand Prix races, cars and
motorbike events (local and international).  Sweeping high speed
corners and some really unreliable weather - and if you're brave
enough you can glance at some fantastic scenery streaming past.  I
have never raced there but I have watched lots of racing there on
TV.  I really want to race at Phillip Island.

Of course, if I get my act together there is no reason why I CAN'T do
it ... and in some fine company, too.

Check out these pictures of the Victorian MG Car Club "MG Racing"
team on the track as part of the VICTORIAN STATE CIRCUIT RACING
CHAMPIONSHIP - a wonderful whole grid a MGs in their various
classes.  The pictures were taken last weekend.

http://cpl.onpix.com/viewAlbumPro.asp?1126125990

(... no, I haven't yet asked what the story was with "smokey" :-))

Enjoy,

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia