Re: Caliper sticks/brake hose brand new

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Caliper sticks/brake hose brand new
From: Allen Hefner <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:52:36 -0400
On 9/6/05, ATWEDITOR@aol.com <ATWEDITOR@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm getting tired of futsing with my brake system. I have overhauled the
> master and wheel cylinders, completely replaced the brake lines, new drums
> &
> shoes in the rear and new slotted/drilled discs in front last year with
> "green
> stuff" pads, when I returned the front shocks to lever action, replacing
> the
> dust shields and putting on new, metal-clad hoses. I carefully bedded in
> the
> pads. I thought I was done.
> But now, when I drive it about 5 miles the right caliper seems to be
> sticking. Any thoughts before I dive into this bugger one more time?
>
> Jay Donoghue

  It's pretty simple. Either a brake hose is kinked so the brake fluid can't
get out of the caliper, or the caliper rebuild is no good.
 1. Look at the brake hose on that side. If it's OK, go to step 2.
2. Remove the caliper and rebuild again.
 You can very easily get the piston angled or have a seal out of place and
not notice.

Allen Hefner