Re: Things MG SHOULD Have Done

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Things MG SHOULD Have Done
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:00:25 EDT
In a message dated 12/09/2005 8:47:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

Doesn't sound right, at least for RHD.  Up to 75 (roadster and V8)  choke had
its own little hole quite high up on the firewall or firewall  shelf pointing
upwards, whereas speedo hole is much lower and pointing  downwards on top of
the RHD clutch foot rest.

____________________________________

Thanks for the input, Paul.

We looked at 4 MGs and every one had those two  cables going into different
holes!

I believe you are right about the choke hole -  unfortunately my MGC has 3
carbs and it won't QUITE reach the middle carb when  you put it through that
hole.

I played about with the speedo cable and chose  to run it across and down,
keeping it out of the way of everything  else.

All the uncertainty makes me value the  diagrams that Todd Clarke has
produced for MGAs! At least you know for sure  where the factory ran things,
even if
you choose to do something else (the  factory didn't always know best).

Took the MGC out for a drive, and the speedo  now works, and took the MGA for
a short spin and the speedo doesn't work in  it. Is there some speedo
epidemic, or am just lucky?  ;-)

Bill