Still Overheating ????

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still Overheating ????
From: "Randy Widman" <riwidman@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:10:06 -0400
Hi Listers,

It's me again. After 10 minutes the temp gauge just goes into the red area.
I've flushed the entire system, checked the coolant level with the heater on
full, checked the oil level, installed new 193 degree thermostat, new temp
sender, checked ground on voltage stabilizer and checked the water temp at
normal (160-170 deg) and at hot when fans kick on (215 deg). I don't know what
else to try short of putting a new voltage stabilizer and water pump in. The
radiator is fine as far as I can tell. I've tried to clean out the water drain
at the back of the block (no luck), which by the way, if the drain is plugged
up what would that have to do with the water passages plugging up? Can someone
tell me what the NORMAL operating temperature range might be, or use a candy
or other thermometer and check the temperature when NORMAL? Any ideas on what
temp the fan switch is to kick in? Maybe this would give me an idea if I'm
REALLY overheating. I'm losing my patience on this one.

TIA,

Randy Widman
79 Red BE