Re: Wire wheel question

To: david_breneman@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheel question
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:34:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/2005 9:30:48 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
david_breneman@yahoo.com writes:

> Any  other tips or notes on disassembling/reassembling old wire
>  wheels?  FWIW, these are both painted, not chrome.

It's a pain in  the proverbial rear end even with the proper
aligning equipment, and nearly  impossible without it.  You
don't say what model are it is, but  assuming it's a B, you
might be able to get a wheel at a junk  yard.

Sounds like a fun project if you have absolutely nothing else to do  with
your time.  All the paint dry in your neighborhood?

Seriously, I just gave away 5  Midget wire wheels, with the caps, for  the
price of postage.  Surely there are some decent spares at someone's  garage
they
will part with for less than it would cost to get these  cleaned.

Robert  Houston
74.5 MGBGT
63 TR4
73 MG Midget

Firstly you must always  implicitly obey orders, without attempting to form
any opinion of your own  regarding their propriety. Secondly, you must consider
every man your enemy who  speaks ill of your king; and thirdly you must hate
a Frenchman as you hate the  devil._ Horatio  Nelson_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/horationel167957.html)