RE: MGB Carpets on eBay

To: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>, "Don Malling"
Subject: RE: MGB Carpets on eBay
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:44:11 -0700
Don:

The price seems a bit high for a flat carpet set.  Both VB and Moss are
in cut throat competition on this style of kit, so the pricing is in the
$150-$190 regular price range with sale pricing normally lowering the
price.

If your original tunnel insulation molded felt is in good condition,
then a flat carpet set can be installed with reasonable ease.  If you
have to replace the tunnel insulation, then the molded kits out of the
UK are the way to go.  I would say that all of the kits available in
this price range use similar automotive grade cut pile carpet.  Higher
priced kits advertising wool or wool blend are going to have a slightly
nicer feel, but are a lot more susceptible to mold and mildew.

My suggestion is to stick with the known quantities that have good
return policies, unless you can find a good deal on an uninstalled kit
someone is trying to sell.

I've been spending the past month working with MGB carpet applications
and suppliers, so I'm getting to be an expert on the subject.

All the best

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf
> Of Paul T. Root
> Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 10:27 AM
> To: Don Malling
> Cc: Mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: MGB Carpets on eBay
>
> No experience, but it's a bit worrysome that they say
> they fit 62-80 and we all know that between 67 and 68 the
> tunnel changed for the new transmission.
>

> Don Malling wrote:
> > Anyone have any experience with these carpets?
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MGB-Complete-Deluxe-Carpet-Kit-NEW-L-

K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46093QQitemZ4577671446QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD
VW