RE: MGB Carpets on eBay

To: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Carpets on eBay
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:03:02 -0700
To all:

Putting my Moss hat on for a moment.

I don't want to knock the small supplier who is making, or supplying
parts and trying to market them on e-bay.

Many of these items are a very good value.  Where possible in fact, I
try to find these products and add them to our catalogs.  Note the Rover
SD1/TR8 nylon gear shifter mounting bushes we added a year ago.

The problem is that many of these people advertise on e-bay because they
can not afford the overhead of traditional marketing.  Unfortunately
that also means they cannot afford good customer service systems either.

Be a bit more patient with these companies, but do expect them to meet
their promises.

Any comparisons to other products on the market should always be taken
with a grain of salt.  General slanging of the competition is a very
simplistic way of trying to get an edge.  All reproduction items are
likely to have at least some areas of criticism.  No one goes to work in
the morning determined to make a poor quality part, but unfortunately
there are so many ways to err, that there is often going to be something
that just isn't quite right.  Finding and maintaining a source of parts
that fit and function correctly is currently the most difficult
challenge facing this entire market.  The very least any company can
offer is a reasonable satisfaction guarantee that will refund the cost
of the part in a timely manner.

Kelvin Dodd

Trying