Todays Hemmings E-Weekly Newsletter talks about MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net, paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Todays Hemmings E-Weekly Newsletter talks about MG
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:09:35 EDT
Paul,
I direct you to today's Hemmings E-Weekly Newsletter (free) The article
below came off of this issue.
Albert Escalante
Sports Cars
Breath of Life for MG Rover?
The  gears may be turning again at the MG Rover plant in central England by
2007,  says Chinese automaker Nanjing Automobile, which bought the assets of
the former  carmaker after its collapse in April.
Nanjing, in its first public comment  since buying MG Rover's assets for an
undisclosed sum, says it plans to employ  1,200 workers at Rover's Longbridge
plant and produce 100,000 cars per year  within five years.
Nanjing also says that it is considering four or five new  car models,
depending on market conditions and the final details of a business  plan for
Longbridge. Nanjing said the business plan was still being discussed  with
partners
and could take two or three months to finalize.
Assuming that  Nanjing succeeds in its plan, which is far from certain, what
might we expect to  see rolling off Longbridge's assembly lines? Could we see
a return of the little  mid-engined MG TF, a car that could give the Miata a
run for its money in the  U.S. market?
Time will tell.
- Story by George Mattar
http://www.hemmings.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/email.newsletter2/volume/1/issue/