Re: Fuel Pump Problem

To: Steve Gorr <sgorr2@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Problem
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:57:18 +0200
The blue thing is truly an electrolitic capacitor.
It limits the arcing on the contact points and by this lengthens the
lifetime of the contacts.
Failure is either short circuit - pump will fail and a fuse will go or "open
circuit".
The latter will result in fast "wear" of the contacts, as all arcing takes
place.

Slamming the pump indicates, that the contacts most propably will be worn
(burnt in by arcing)
Can be fixed by replacing the contacts or as I did - have the contacts
flattened on a whetstone.

Cheers,

Hans