TD discovered - hints?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD discovered - hints?
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:13:42 +0200
Today when I was visiting my brother requesting for help with my moving home
job, he lead me to the apartment building basement, where all resident's
cars are parked.

One of his neighbours has a TD - which traveled all over the world -
exported with US specs from UK directly to the USA bearing UK plates all the
time I have been told.

The car's state looks rather nice, altough the paint looks like a hasty job
(little bubble spots all over)

Car's data:
TD
Chrome = good
Paint (green) some little dents and paint quality not ideal
New exhaust en tyres
Year of make = 1951
UK reg plate = XSSV 414
Body type = 22381
Body no 11891/81739
All original papers are available incl all bills from new.

On the engine I found an MG logo as part of the casting block.
Further a number on the block: 5426K
Cyl head: 176 22952

State of the interior = very nice great leather seats.

Asking price = EURO 25,000.00 +/- US $ 30,000.00

Owner says car always has been family owned and well looked after - no
reason not to believe this.
Owner also says that this TD is one of the last one being built with "TT"
parts - whatever this means.

What can be said from the numbers?
Is this price reasonable (for Europe...)?
Where should I look for the engine serial number?

Any other hints?

Still would have to let go my GT - I restored from totally worn to very nice

Cheers,

Hans

BGT '71