^%$&*()!!! Rubber Parts!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ^%$&*()!!! Rubber Parts!!!
From: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:48:33 -0700
Here's my story: in April in anticipation of doing front-end work I picked
up kingpin seals, A-arm bushings, tie rod ends and rack seals from, well,
you know, the leading distributor of MG parts here in the US.

I put them on in August.

Today, (two months later) I go under the car to grease the kingpins. Both
rack seals are cracked all the way through.

It's the second time. The last ones lasted eight months.

What's the deal? Why can't they get decent rubber parts? Between my two MG's
I've replaced three sets of seals in as many years. When I restored my '52's
exterior in '98-'99 I practically had to scrape the original rubber off of
the fittings, but in the years since I've replaced everything new I put on
back then, (sometimes twice).

Of course I'm going to be sending these seals back for a refund, but does
anyone know anyplace else I can get some that are better quality so I won't
have to replace them again next summer?

Thanks,

Scott Allen
52 TD