Re: Wood Dash Trim Kit

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wood Dash Trim Kit
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:14:30 -0700
My Mk. I B has one that a PO installed. It is a thin piece of veneer that
just fills the instrument cluster. A matching piece is on the speaker
housing. I would say this item falls in the hokey/cheap category. I left it
in because of the "patina", and the fact that it had matching aluminum
billet door handles and window-winders with wood inserts, a woodrim wheel,
and walnut shift knob. [As an aside, I have never seen this door handle set,
or this exact wheel (with three evenly-spaced slotted spokes), on any other
British car]

I suspect there are better products on the market than this. But I don't
really think the early B dashes are a good application for this sort of
thing. You are obviously talking about the late B dash, which is a much more
reasonable proposition.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149