Re: LE wheel paint

To: "MG Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LE wheel paint
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:16:47 -0400
John,     I also have an LE that some day I will re-finish the wheels.   It
is a "gray' shade, and someone had sent me a paint code a couple years ago,
but as usual around here, I can not find it.   I'll keep looking but
hopefully some will come thru with the info for you.  At one of our clubs'
shows I got into a pretty heavy discussion with a fellow about whether it
was black on not, and he did convince me that it was grey.    And, according
to "The Original MGB" by Clausager, the "inset areas of the spokes and the
recessed wheel centre were painted a dark metallic grey...."   "the small
center hubcaps carried the MG logo, which was silver and black on North
American and non-LE home market models."

Good Luck and keep me informed,

Thanks,  Tom Bott   Jax, Fla.