RE: First MGB Clutch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First MGB Clutch
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:57:20 -0700
Jay is correct on this. You are looking at a fairly involved job in
which you will need to separate the engine and transmission. This will
most likely involve removing the engine/transmission as a unit (the
traditional method) although there are other alternatives that I won't
go into but are also involved.

For this, you should obtain a manual - the Haynes manual and/or better
yet, the Bentley manual. But that only provides tips and pictures.
Seeing that you reside in a populated, southern area of the US, you
should locate the nearest MG car club, likely there is one somewhere in
or near your local area, where you can find and get some local
expertise. The actual pulling the engine and the later putting it back
in works best with two people anyway, and better yet if you can find
club members to help. Plus since you will be removing lots of parts,
someone more familiar with them will be able to make sure you put them
back in the right places.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B