Re: First MGB Clutch

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First MGB Clutch
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:27:15 -0800
I probably have 50K on mine, at this point. No problems. Moss used to also
sell a "heavy duty" clutch kit, that did have a rep for problems, I
believe... Kelvin?

BTW, pulling the engine & tranny in the B sounds a lot more difficult than
it is. If you are familiar with the procedure, have the parts and the hoist
on site, and a good helper (another mechanic, not a grunt or a disinterested
girlfriend), you can have it out and back in in 4 hours, without rushing
things. The biggest time sink is the tranny crossmember-to-tranny bolts, and
a little drill & file work after it's out to create access will speed up the
reinstall process.

First time, I would allow a whole weekend.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149