RE: Turn signals

To: "'Scott Regel'" <Scott.Regel@dpra.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Turn signals
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:49:56 -0000
Well then, it looks like you've got session with a voltmeter and a wiring
diagram in front of you.  There are 4 routes I can think of for this:

1. Start at the fusebox and trace the route towards the bulb until you find
no electricity
2. Start at the bulb and trace the route towards the fusebox until you find
electricity
3. Guess at the most likely failed component and check that
4. Check each component in order of how easy they are to check.

It's less methodical, but I'd probably employ a mixture of methods 3 and 4,
as the route likely to lead me to a solution quickest.  Given that it's not
the bulbs ('cos the hazards work) and it's not the fuse ('cos I assume you'd
have noticed other items on the same fuse not working by now) I'd check the
flasher first (by bypassing it as I suggested earlier), then the wiring
connector leading to the switch, then the switch itself.  If I hadn't found
the problem yet, the results of my checks so far would at least indicate
whether I needed to head upstream or downstream.

Good luck!

Richard & Nancy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.