RE: Off Topic - Computer Question

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off Topic - Computer Question
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:09:40 -0700
Windows98? Well that is really "stone age". But to answer your question
- a shortcut is a shortcut. You are just putting it in a different
location (technically just a different folder but the same shortcut
file, ".lnk"). So there would be no difference except in convenience.
The bar at the bottom, aka "Quick Launch" is less likely to get covered
up and thus is quicker in that sense.

David Councill
IT Server/Network Administrator
Montana State University-Billings