Re: Clutch Tear Down

To: jhn3@uakron.edu
Subject: Re: Clutch Tear Down
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:09:54 -0500
   Using the rocker studs gives me the jim-jams also.     In the workshop
manual for TD-TF, there is a photograph of an engine being swung into a
TD by means of a rope grommet wrapped around the engine, probably 3/4
diameter sisal.   I used a 5/8 diameter nylon rope when swinging a TD
engine & gearbox out and in last time;  it worked very easily and, as a
wooden-boat sailor, I was more comfortable with rope than with chain.
Bob

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:28:52 -0500 "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
writes:
> I've had a number of people tell me over the years that they use the
> rocker studs.  When I was taking the engine out of my GT before it was
snip