Re: MGBGT on ebay (roadster vs. GT)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGBGT on ebay (roadster vs. GT)
From: John.Hed@faa.gov
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:03:58 -0800
I have had 3 different MGB roadsters and one GT (71).  I currently have a
80 MGB-LE and live in Seattle.

As to which is better, it depends on your main use of it.  I used my GT as
a semi daily driver for quite a while, and had a roadster too, so I had the
best of both worlds.  If you want to use it a LOT, in all kinds of weather,
I would recommend the GT for the reasons stated; quieter, more weather
resistant (I'm from Seattle remember!), more storage area, better sight
lines.  And I DEFINITELY would hold out for the OD if you would be taking
it on longer commutes or trips.

I sold my GT when I got a nicer daily driver, but kept the roadster for
pleasure, because there is NOTHING like driving with the top down on a nice
day thru the mountains or along the coast!  So if you are looking for a
mostly pleasure-only car, go for the roadster!

John Hed
80 MGB LE
.