Re: MGBGT on eBay Vs. MGCGT

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGBGT on eBay Vs. MGCGT
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:24:35 -0800
There is a chap here in Canada that has a few (10 - think)
MGCs.   Personally I have always been wary of the heavy lump in the
front.   I cannot see how one could avoid the problems associated with this
lump - But some people love them (but then some people like all sorts of
weird cars).  If one wants more oomph under the MGB hood then the Rover V8
takes the biscuit.  It weighs the same as the 1.8L lump and that cannot be
bettered.

At 07:48 AM 12/14/05, ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 12/14/2005 10:44:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>Rjdisi@aol.com writes:
>
>I would  like to expand this question in order to get opinions about the
>MGCGT.
>How do they compare?
>Has anyone owned both? Which do/did you  prefer?
>What, in your opinion(s), is good, bad and the ugly on this  model  (MGCGT)?
>

>Back in the  day, again, I drove a C roadster.  Wonderful power, but I felt
>the handling  was heavy and the car tended to understeer in corners, the nose
>diving a  bit too much under braking.  However, extrapolating that drive to
>what I  know about the GT handling and weight distribution--more to the
>rear to
>better  offset the heavy 6--I would think the C-GT would be an excellent car,
>especially  as a long-distance highway blaster.
>
>Jay Donoghue

Regards

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca