Rear Crank Seal and Front Gear Box Oil Seal - 1972 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Crank Seal and Front Gear Box Oil Seal - 1972 MGB
From: Daybell7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:55:55 EST
MG Listers,

While changing the clutch I'm doing some preventative maintenance  including
replacing the subject seals.  I have the clutch out and have  cleaned up
everything but the engine bay.  What other parts should I  replace as a normal
course?

Rear crank seal questions: How difficult is it to remove the  flywheel?
Should I remove the endplate?  Is there a gasket on the  endplate?

Front gear box oil seal questions:  Are special tools required?   How
difficult is it to fit the shims?

The Bentley and Haynes service manuals aren't too explicit.  Does  anyone
have specific guidance to replace the seals?

Thanks in advance.
Steve Hughes
Gainesville, FL