Re: MGB Exhaust Sound

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Exhaust Sound
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:34:05 -0500
I have the Ansa Free Flow on my 80 LE. Looks good, but to me it sounds
horrible - I always hear a high pitched noise that reminds me of a
volkswagon beetle... Definitely unhappy with it.

Probably will get something else on there this spring, but I have no
idea what at this time...

I had to remove the middle muffler on my 73 when I accidentally crushed
it on a speed bump. Just slapped a piece of straight pipe on to replace
it - it was raucously loud without it - I don't recommend it... Also
much popping on deceleration.

Marc

Daybell7@aol.com wrote:
> MG Listers,
>
> What is needed to create a nice sounding exhaust on my 1972 MGB?  I  intend
> to stay with the stock manifold and (maybe) eliminate the middle  muffler.  I
> see Mr Moss has a big selection of exhaust options.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Steve Hughes
> Gainesville, FL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]