Another sputtering question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another sputtering question
From: "dannyvarnado" <dannyvarnado@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 05:12:38 -0800
I have a '74 "B" engine that sputters on take off as I let the clutch out.
Once the car gets moving, there is no more sputter.  It sputters like you
would expect a car to sputter with a cold engine on a cold day.  Problem is
that it sputters at normal running temp on a warm day. If I rev up the
engine and take off slowly, no sputter.  As I move through the gears and get
up to speed, the car runs great.  The sputtering seems to have started a
couple of months ago and has gradually gotten worse.  The engine has a Crane
electronic ignition kit in the original distributor, a Crane fast street cam
and a Weber down draft carb. I've just turned over 9000 miles since I
rebuilt the engine.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Danny V.
'58 MGA