Re: MG2006

To: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG2006
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:37:05 -0800 (PST)
My wife and I had been planning on going but one daughter getting married and a
Grandchild due in August is going to keep that from happening. The Gatlinburg
area is a big tourist area. Just Google Pigeon Forge and see what you get back.
There should be No shortage of things to do for both of you. Check out the
website as I am sure they will have many things listed for things to do. This
may be the best show to take a non car wife too.
  Carl French

Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net> wrote:
  I'm trying to convince my wife to go to this as it's only a 11 hour
drive from where I live, but I wouldn't be taking the MGB unless I
REALLY get busy on the restoration. She happens to like car shows,
so that's a plus. But, since we aren't going to be having any of the
fun associated with bringing your car, is there going to be enough to
do there that would make an 11 hour trip worthwhile? I can only look
at cars for so long before I'm ready to leave.

Still, it's only 11 hours, so I still wouldn't mind going. What's a
good sales pitch?

Kevin