Re: Re: Car Alarm

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Car Alarm
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:09:15 -0000
Not only that, since the alarm doesn't go off until they have actually
broken in a) they have done the damage already and b) they often carry on
anyway (the 'might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb' theory).  After
two attempts to break into mine in the space of a couple of weeks I fitted a
system with a proximity detector as well as everything else.  2 or 3 days
after the car was back under the carport the proximity detector sounded one
evening, but no one was around when I got outside.  Didn't go off again ...
until the cat discovered that if she walked up the bonnet, over the roof and
down the back window she could set off the warning and we would come and
open the door for her ...

PaulH.