Re: Time estimates to complete various MGB tasks

To: Steve@shoyer.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Time estimates to complete various MGB tasks
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:55:32 EST
In a message dated 3/7/2006 12:15:59 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Steve@shoyer.com writes:

Can  anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes to do the following
tasks  (1980 MGB, assume typical amounts of rust), by someone who has never
done them  before:

-

Replace rear springs  Two week ends
- Replace rear brake  shoes Two weekends
- Replace handbrake cable One weekend
- Replace cam  Four weekends or longer depending on what else you find to
replace.
- Replace  carpets One weekend

All of the above include some learning curve, but do not include  re-ordering
wrong parts or addtionally needed parts.

- Replace seat foams and covers  A week or so after you drop them  off a good
upholstery shop.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields