RE: SU Fuel pump mounting

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SU Fuel pump mounting
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:30:35 -0800
Barrie:

When the fuel pump diaphragm is wanging away it tends to suck dirt in
and out of the coil and points areas.  These nipples allow you to hook
up tubes to areas of "clean air" such as the boot area, or as Don notes
up into the frame rail of the rubber bumper cars.  They don't go to the
canisters, but just dead end within the rail.  This allows dust free air
to move in and out of the pump assembly and increases the life of the
pump in dusty climates.

One of those nice little improvements that came along the way.

In the 1970 they would hook up to a T fitting in the boot, or in your
case spare tire area.

Sorry, no piccies to send of the mounting.  Just make sure that the
inlet and outlet of the pump are oriented correctly.  There is a legend
on the side of the pump showing correct orientation.

Kelvin.