replacing rear shocks

Subject: replacing rear shocks
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:04:09 -0700
While I was replacing my flexible brake lines, I noticed my RR shock
has been leaking.

Yesterday, my newly rebuilt Armstrong levers from WWAP arrived.

It looks to me like I might be able to remove/replace the shock
without dealing with the spring, just unbolt the linkage, remove the
old shock from the body, and reverse the process for the new?  Is
this the case, or am I in for a world of unexpected hurt?

Also, I installed the MOSS 1" lower springs a while back, and didn't
change the rebound straps.  I suspect I should have, but I don't know
what I need.  I don't want to cause any damage to my (new) shocks, so
any help is appreciated!

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/MG/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs