Voltage Regulator/Stabilizer One More Source

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage Regulator/Stabilizer One More Source
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:18:14 -0500
I learned of a US source for the upgrade. This one sounds even better. Here is
an excerpt from a note that Jeff Zorn of Little British Car Company forwarded
to me It is from his supplier.

If you order one you must use the correct stabilizer part number on the LBCC
website. There are two for MGs, but he has them for other LBCs that use them.
It will correspond with a Moss number, but be the uprated unit.

If LBCC isn't your source for parts, it should be. Most of the parts are Moss
parts at a discount, but Jeff goes out of his way to make sure there are a lot
of additional parts and items that are interesting. for our cars. The usual
disclaimer applies. I only get shortbread cookies when ordering, but then
everyone does.

Jack

I used to recommend the 7810 integrated circuit (IC) on the site and that is
what many site visitors have used. There is now a better IC, the  LM2940T-10.
It has a drop-out voltage of 0.5V as opposed to that for the 7810 of 1.0V.
That means the LM2940T-10 stabilizer can continue to supply 10V to the gauges
when the car system voltage falls by an additional 0.5V.

I recently took a look at LBCarCo stock. ALL THE STABILIZERS CURRENTLY
SUPPLIED BY LBCARCO ARE NOW ELECTRONIC. In order to satisfy those who like the
original looking device, they are packaged in housing just like the old
bi-metal types but they carry electronic components internally.

Regards
Rick