Looking for the elusive rear shims...

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for the elusive rear shims...
From: "McDowell, Jeffrey B., JO1" <jbmcdowell@nmsc.med.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:38:28 -0400
Good morning from Jax Fl,

According to a guy here in town who does serious restorations, a person
needs the shims which are listed in MOSS as # 267-810 through 267-890
(various sizes), to properly de-clunk a tube-type rear diff. problem is, the
are not available in any catalog that I routinely use.  Does anybody know of
a similar part from any place which could be used in their place? This seems
like a simple part, but no one carries them.

Any ideas?

I also thought I'd weigh in on the leather issue. Just did my seats with
covers from a company that we bought from on Ebay, (Elite Autotrim)  I took
my time and restored my seats completely.  I think the covers (and gaiter
and armrest) came out very nicely. I'll attach a photo if anyone is
interested.

Jeff in Jax, Fl

77 "B"