Re: Looking for the elusive rear shims...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for the elusive rear shims...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:56:52 +0100
If not done a de-clunk myself but talking to others it came out that the
carrier can wear from the action of the washers, as well as the washers
themselves.  I was told in this case that the carrier would be scrap, but
don't see why additional shims/washers could not be used to 'fill' the wear
in the carrier as well as new thrust washers to restore the original
alignment/clearances.

Comments?

PaulH.