Re: MGB Light Bulb List

To: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Light Bulb List
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:26:45 +0100
They vary from model to model, which is why they are only listed in the
drivers handbooks which generally cover one or a small number of models,
rather than in the Workshop Manual which covers all variations.  My (UK)
handbooks list voltage and wattage as well as a part number, although
Americans always seem to refer to generic bulb numbers without being aware
of the wattages.  Even for a specific application on the car the wattage and
physical construction can vary.  I rewired a UK 1980 and the dash loom came
with completely different bulb-holders - push-in instead of screw-in.  I
couldn't find the correct bulbs at my local place so cut and spliced the old
holders onto the new harness.  Any of the parts suppliers should show which
bulb is correct for which application and year, although it may well be in
their own part number and not generic, no wattage, and you have to ferret
them out.

PaulH.