Re: Which Fan Belt?

To: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which Fan Belt?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:55:59 +0100
Isn't the fan/alternator belt separate from the air pump drive belt?  The
belt changed with a change in engine in Dec 74 for the 75 model year, you
need the belt for the year of the engine, not the year of the car.  If your
engine number prefix is earlier than 18V797 (should be 18GK or 18V584/585
for a North American 71) you need the earlier belt.

PaulH.