Re: torque setting on manifolds

To: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>,
Subject: Re: torque setting on manifolds
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
I just found this link today from a person on the MGB Experience Board;

  http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/misctext.htm#torque

  Carl F

Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca> wrote:
  Liters:
My Bentley Manual for my MGB says the torque settings for the manifolds is 15
lbs. That seems pretty low to me to ensure that there would be no air
intake/exhaust leaks. Normally I'd just go with Bentley but it isn't without
typos in the manual so I figure before I put the carbs on I would check with
the collective knowledge of all of you.

Let me know you thoughts as to proper torque for nuts of the studs that hold on
the exhaust and intake manifolds. I hope to install on Sunday afternoons so if
you have an opinion please share it ASAP.

Malcolm